Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MIDDLE school


Our oldest went off to MIDDLE school this morning.
I am not sure I am ready for that.
But HERE it is.

I personally didn't enjoy those middle school years at all
and while I HOPE that it is a more pleasant experience for my first born
I know that it may not be.

It is just a tough, every changing time in one's young life.
But through it all this is what I HOPE for him and all my children.


Remember WHO you are...
Remembering who YOU are changes what
YOU do.


He has always been a
Confident
Helpful
Friendly
Obedient
Fun, loving child
and it is hard to begin to let go.

I have felt the great responsibility
that comes with raising a child up in righteousness.
And I hope we as parents have given him
and continue to give him all that he needs
to start making wise decisions that will lead to a life
that is full of wonderful experiences
faithful friends
LOVE
and true happiness.



And yes,
at the 7th grade orientation yesterday
we tested to see if he could be shoved into a locker
(because it was a worry of his)
and I think the answer is a pretty confident
"NO"