Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For My Sister

Who just had her second baby.

This is a picture taken of me
shortly after bringing home my second child.
Do I look...

Confused
TIRED
OVERWHELMED
ALL of the Above

That is because I was.
I remember feeling all of that
and wondering if things were ever going to get back to normal,
you know when I only had one extra mouth to feed and bum to change.

Well, the answer was yes but it was a NEW normal.
I got use to having two little boys to take care of
and began again to enjoy those moments
that mothers have, be it good or bad.

You just have to stand back and remember
how blessed you are to be able to have these spirits in your home
and in your life. It is a blessing to be a MOTHER.

So with the passage of time
my view has changed because
when I look back at that time in my life,
yes, I thought I was overwhelmed with two,
but now with five, I know that I am overwhelmed.

Good Luck Jeni May.