Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Great Speller Who Had A Birthday and Caught a Fish or Four

A few weeks ago I attended for the first time ever
a spelling bee. It was for my third grader who happens to be
a great speller.

I was so proud that he even made it to his school spelling bee
that anything above that was icing on the cake.
He made into the second round,
before he was eliminated.
He did GREAT.

However, I felt bad that I didn't help him prepare more.
We didn't study very much and
I had no idea what the format was going to be like.

We learned a lot this go around,
so next year when he gets the chance
he will be ready!

Last week he turned 9.
I can't believe it,
my little california boy
is NOT so little anymore.

And on his birthday
we weren't able to do a lot of celebrating.
But we did last night.

And this past weekend
when the weather was really cold and rainy
his uncle took him and his cousins fishing
and he caught 4 fish.
But he didn't want to get too close to them.