Early this morning as we started to land in Atlanta this was the view outside my window. Pretty FANTASTIC I must say!

When we arrived in DC we explored downtown for a little while and look what we found - The White House.
You know where the President lives and where he does his Presidential Work.

The next place we visited had a few items that you might recognize.


Lots of fun Pop Culture items. Do you know where we went to find these?
It was the National Museum of American History. There were a lot of interesting facts and pictures and items to look at.
My favorite part of the museum was the early American History Artifacts like this one.

The original desk which was used to write one of the MOST important documents in our History - The Declaration of Independence.
I also really enjoyed learning more about one of my favorite American Heroes - Mr. George Washington.

Our last stop for the day was this place, recognize it?
I didn't think you would.This is the National Archives Building.
Now here is your history quiz question of the day. This building contains the Original Documents of the three papers that make up what is known as the Charters of Freedom. What are the names of these three documents?
Children, remember I love you and I miss you and now I must get some sleep because traveling on the red-eye flight with a lay-over and flight transfer doesn't allow me much opportunity to do so.
PS - The answer to the question is...
The Declaration of Independence
The Constitution of the United States
The Bill of Rights
Can you believe that we saw these actual documents that helped form our country. Amazing to think about what it would have been like back then when these documents were written. Unfortunately, no picture taking was allowed inside the Archives Building.
Good night.
I'll write to you again tomorrow.
Love,
Mom