I am sorry I didn't write to you yesterday. I think my lack of sleep is finally catching up to me and so last night I crashed and feel asleep early.
Today and yesterday your Dad has been attending the work conference which brought us here in the first place. It isn't all day long but we haven't been able to explore the city as much as the previous days.
Here is the Postal Museum, the building in which your Dad goes to attend his conference.

Right next to it is this neat building called Union Station. It is a transportation hub, especially for Amtrak trains. But I think the best part of this building is it's exterior.

Just look at these statues that are at the top of this building.

It is amazing to me that there are so many buildings here in DC that have the Greek architecture look to them. Such buildings have statues on them that look very similar to Greek Gods. I told your Dad this and of course he had an answer to my wanderings-he is such a well educated man.
He said that it was in old Greece that the idea of a democratic government first was imagined. With some of the great thinkers like Aristotle and Plato. I did not know that, but now I do.
Just in front of Union Station is this statue and tribute to Christopher Columbus. Honoring him for helping to find this new world.

Later in the evening we took a long walk to go see the Jefferson Memorial.




It is by the Potomac River that kind of pools into what looks like a lake. We walked around the lake and found another memorial, honoring another President. So my question for you is do you know who this President is?

I'll give you a hint. He was President during World War II and he was elected FOUR times to serve as President. Which isn't allowed anymore, TWO terms is the most a person today can serve as President of the United States. He was also confined to a wheel chair and his nickname was FDR.
Just beyond this monument and on our walk back to the hotel we saw the Lincoln Memorial all lit up.

And then a little further on we saw the front of the White House.

These monuments and buildings are amazing to look at but in the evening when they are all lit up and just glow they seem to be even more spectacular.
Today Dad went to his conference again and around lunch time we met and walked through the National Art Museum but I didn't take any pictures.
This evening while out looking for a place to eat for dinner we walked by this little known place.


Ever hear of it? Can you remember what happened here? This is the Theater in which Abraham Lincoln was shot. And then just across the street is the house where he was taken while others tried to care for him. Early the next morning Lincoln died in this house.


It is amazing all the history that is here. I get to see all the places and items I learned about in school.
But today I really started missing you all. I saw a few kids walking on the street with their mom and it made me wish that you were all here with me. A few more days and I will get to see you and kiss on you and tuck you into bed.
Love You All,
Mom