Monday, October 31, 2011

Young Men

Yesterday was a celebration of sorts.

We celebrated these two boys, or maybe I should say Young Men, because that is what they are now. How did I become a mother to two young men? When did they transform into young men from boys. How can I keep them from getting so old that they leave my home and begin their own journey in life?

These are the questions to which I have NO answers. I only know that time goes by much faster than I anticipated it would. Especially in these last few years.

One is now officially old enough to attend youth dances ( a fave of mine at that age) and is in well control of his own future by the wise choices he is making and goals he is accomplishing.

The other is now officially old enough to hold the priesthood. A big responsibility and honorable calling in and of itself. He still seems to be in his own world most of the time but I do see him starting to blossom out of it from time to time and I am grateful for the different perspective of living in this world that he shows me.

They are both very different from each other. They share a fondness of LEGOS and a last name but that is about where the similarities end. I am trying to enjoy what is unique about each of them and trying to show my love for them in the way they are most likely to hear it. Which of course is a completely different style for each too.

I love my boys, I mean young men, and was priviledged to honor their request of Ice Cream Cakes (another fave of mine) for this celebration. YUM.

Happy Birthday!